Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wikidevi - beware of bad links

Posted by bodhi 
Wikidevi - beware of bad links
September 19, 2021 04:36PM
All,

Recently, while searching the site, I saw some bad links on https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru.

Be careful not to click on or visit any external link that people posted in the Wiki page for a device. Only visit those linked sites if you know who they are.

To be safe, only visit links that point to other pages on the site wikidevi.wi-cat.ru.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Wikidevi - beware of bad links
September 20, 2021 06:01AM
Many thanks Bodhi.
September 21, 2021 01:37PM
+1 like I always say :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
September 21, 2021 07:45PM
As a frequent contributor to the site I'd l appreciate if you could point out some of the links you're talking about as I have edit ability and could fix them. Feel free to PM me if you don't want it public.

Ray
September 21, 2021 08:00PM
Ray,

Sorry I can't remember where. I was searching for "edminiv2" (it's a Orion5x board). It's due to be removed from u-boot mainline, so I thought perhaps I can rescue it by buying a board from eBay! But finally, somebody has already stepped up to maintain the board, so I don't need to pursue further.

As usuual, when I see a suspected or external link, I open it in my junk VM to see if it was legit, and I saw a phishing page in this case, so I trashed the VM.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 08:02PM by bodhi.
September 21, 2021 09:00PM
Sounds like it was a link to the Old NAS Central website that has been defunct for some time now. Likely someone acquired the URL and is hosting crap as there are many existing links out there!

Ray
September 22, 2021 01:39PM
Ray,

I'm pretty sure that it was not an old link to NAS Central (I would have recognized that).

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2021 01:40PM by bodhi.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.