Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Use your old android phones as pager

Posted by asterix 
Use your old android phones as pager
March 25, 2022 04:02PM
had some old android phone and tablets. still working well. it would be a big waste if throwing out.

Found below article, convert them to pagers, put one android into every room. working perfect!, but you should have a raspberry pi 3/4 and install freepbx on it first

Reference:

https://www.cosfone.com/a-free-intercom-paging-system-with-raspberry-pi-and-old-android-phones/
Re: Use your old android phones as pager
March 26, 2022 06:04AM
Instead of wasting hundreds of $$$ for an expensive cordless phone set to put in every room (only for a single purpose), I have bought some inexpensive pre-paid android smartphones (when they were on sale under US $20) and use them as extensions to my FreeSWITCH for almost 4 years. I also use them for other communication (multi) purposes, i.e Signals,Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. The only drawbacks I can think of using this approach are inconvenience in charging each smartphone and more waste (not very significance) on electrical bill to charge the smartphones. Perhaps, a wireless charging station for each smartphone will be a plus, but this adds up to the total cost significantly?
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.