Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommend GPIO Top for said Libre Renegade?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Recommend GPIO Top for said Libre Renegade?
April 09, 2023 11:34PM
My first Pi-style (not a perfect v3 clone) Rockchip-based doodad that loves the Libre version of Raspbian best out of the all-in-one Linux distros. I'm not through checking out Armbian but Reaper ran great on Raspbian, all things considered that's a good thing.

One more USB 3.0 port without being hubbed (yet) would greatly help my uses for this, but if there's a highspeed place to tap in I haven't seen it.

Even more IO overall is still a good thing even if additional IO is slower.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Recommend GPIO Top for said Libre Renegade?
April 10, 2023 05:21PM
To recomend a GPIO top is to first read ones mind :)

what are you looking to acheive - ie whats missing and what do you want to connect to it.

============================
Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
============================
Re: Recommend GPIO Top for said Libre Renegade?
April 11, 2023 12:25PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To recomend a GPIO top is to first read ones mind
> :)
>
> what are you looking to acheive - ie whats missing
> and what do you want to connect to it.

-edited-
See I got no toes wet with original RPis in the first place, so I'm unsure with certainty anything matching GPIOs, let alone something useful. This will be my low-end emergency PC sometimes, stream 1080p tutorials many times and one trick pony (at a time) stuff.

Just a versatile breakout box is what I'm hoping for; at the brainstorming stage. I added the Libre heatsink and might add the plastic case for IO borders and use an Xacto knife t trim any plastic case that needs hole for breakout box or cover it, either way.

One more high speed USB port would be awesome. The current USB hub that I have plugged into that has 4 switches and 4 ports. The power supply is 3A. I probably won't use analog audio and also probably won't use wireless.

By the way this is effortless with touchscreen! Living high on the hog here LOL

If I can find the right saw I'll make a Libre Renegade case out of popsicle sticks and wooden matches; find my Zen LOL

By the way, my pink Pogoplug, while it is in storage at the moment, I'll proudly leave it in the pink case because it's such a cool little 1.3 ghz beaut :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2023 11:58PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.