Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anything crazy plugged into your Pogoplug?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Anything crazy plugged into your Pogoplug?
July 01, 2015 11:57PM
Today for $3 I scored a LiteOn HAU424 external DVD burner/player with a USB attachment on the back. It's from 2009 and has a couple dings. I'm not on fire with dreams of burning DVDs with a Pogoplug, but even if it's got a salvageable adapter to USB then it's worth the $3!
The same thrift store has two video frames for $5 apiece but I don't know if it's Pogoplug kosher.

So i dunno, after many of us got new Pogoplugs I haven't heard too much about modifying them with plugins, like keyboard, mouse or anything like that. I know RAM is tight, but again maybe an mPCIe SSD could cover the swap and even hard drive, and have plug in stuff when changing torrents, FTP files or Samba specs.

Really i've wanted to ask that but it wasn't the time, about using peripherals on demand but having Pogo turn them off when going into long periods of raw function.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Anything crazy plugged into your Pogoplug?
July 03, 2015 07:42AM
on my plugs i have used
sound cards
tv tuners
usb hdd's
printers
usb CDROms
burnt DVD's
usb lan adaptors
usb wifi adaptors
bluetooth dongles
mouse - for shutdown and reboot functions
Re: Anything crazy plugged into your Pogoplug?
July 16, 2015 06:25PM
Inspiring! Too cool.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.