Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Create Your Own In-Home Radio Station Using a Pogoplug Mobile

Posted by LeggoMyEggo 
Create Your Own In-Home Radio Station Using a Pogoplug Mobile
April 19, 2016 07:34AM
Just posted on my g+ page my setup for streaming from my Logitech Media Server to a Pogoplug Mobile running Squeezelite with a FM transmitter which broadcasts to radios throughout my domicile. Pogoplug Mobile with FM transmitter I have at least 3 FM radio's in various places that sit unused usually as I don't like to listen to non-stop commercials from the local broadcasters. This setup works pretty good and could be used to broadcast just about any other stream (i.e. Shairport) you can play through a USB audio adapter. Total investment is roughly $25 dollars not including the SD card.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 07:51AM by LeggoMyEggo.
Re: Create Your Own In-Home Radio Station Using a Pogoplug Mobile
April 19, 2016 07:42AM
Nice.
April 19, 2016 07:50AM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice.

Thanks :) I use Squeezer on my Android phone to control the playing stream as I have several internet radio streams saved as favorites on my LMS box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 07:52AM by LeggoMyEggo.
April 19, 2016 02:45PM
Still working on your asteresk server with bluetooth USBs ordered, but if you stream your station to web I'll be the first caller LOL
"and our request line is open"

I'll definitely try this one though, stream music here and for close neighbors. Getting familiar with Squeezelite and Logitech Media Server.

But if I'm reading this correctly, you can actually stream at a higher quality than a radio station. This being if you have higher bitrate material at 24-bit 96Khz or or even 24/192, there's no reason the analog outs will be limited me thinks. I love this already.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 19, 2016 03:35PM
@Leggomyeggo

KUDOS for a job well done and shared!
April 19, 2016 05:15PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Leggomyeggo
>
> KUDOS for a job well done and shared!

Just in time now that you all worked out sound on the T5325. Load Squeezelite, plug in FM radio adapter and broadcast away. Even has correct orientation when facing front of T5325 :)
April 20, 2016 12:36AM
> Just in time now that you all worked out sound on
> the T5325. Load Squeezelite, plug in FM radio
> adapter and broadcast away. Even has correct
> orientation when facing front of T5325 :)

As luck would have it ;)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
June 16, 2016 05:37AM
...perhaps you could please turn this into a HowTO, since FM radio stations are so common and least used, and publish it here? I'd love to do exactly this as I have loads of FM radios I don't use. This could be a way to reincarnate them. Thanks a lot in advance, if you do.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.