Extra precautions in the next few days?
November 06, 2016 01:01AM
As we have all probably heard, Tuesday of this week is of interest to some heavy entities, who have warned the public about scenarios that involve, voting, power grids, WWIII and all that.

I have no doubt a lot of you have your computers set to uncommonly high security and all that, but I thought to ask if anyone is planning on keeping computers offline, or no worries, or what to make of it all?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Extra precautions in the next few days?
November 06, 2016 06:15AM
TBH, I really don't know or do I worry about this. Regardless, I will definitely monitor all my devices (running on a Linux OS) as I do mostly on a daily base.
Re: Extra precautions in the next few days?
November 06, 2016 03:12PM
I don't so much worry, as I have three complete modem-router-Pogoplug backups - if something happens turn off switch #1 and turn on #2 and so forth.

But even with my limited skill set I'd imagine seriously malignant entities could target the hardware chips in routers and storage, or any hardware. So I suppose there's no use worrying, either there's electricity and internet or there isn't.

So I guess all I can proactively do in the meantime is to make sure all the rechargeable batteries are full.

Acceptance; that's the final stage of the Kubler-Ross grief cycle. May as well just go there.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.