Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seagete GoFLEX NET and Seagate FREEAgent Theather+

Posted by habibie 
Seagete GoFLEX NET and Seagate FREEAgent Theather+
April 01, 2019 12:55PM
I was browsing through eBay and came across the following items (from the same seller) and thought perhaps anyone out here may be interested to grab the items before they are gone:
  1. Seagate FREEAgent GoFLEX NET US $17.95
  2. Seagate FREEAgent Theater+ US $17.95.
Just wanted to share.
Re: Seagete GoFLEX NET and Seagate FREEAgent Theather+
April 01, 2019 01:10PM
not worth if considering limited hardware and time on configure/debug, perhaps $9.99 orange pi lite is better even need extra money on sd card and power supply, but you can do more.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-One-ubuntu-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-and-Compatible-with-Raspberry-Pi-2/1553371_32603308880.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.6bcd7c1eucYrtx

I had a goflex home, sata port is "fake", the speed with HDD only 35MB/s
April 01, 2019 01:31PM
asterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a goflex home, sata port is "fake", the speed with HDD only 35MB/s
>
I am not sure what you meant by fake. If you meant 35 MBps write speed, that is about what I get with my Seagate GoFLEX Home using NFSv4 as a NAS and about 60 MBps read speed.

On the same Seagate GoFLEX Home, hdparm reveals my 3 TB SATA HDD performs the timing buffer read at around 130 MBps (don't remember the exact result, but it was about 1/3 slower when I plug the same 3 TB SATA HDD to my Linux desktop computer at around 190 MBps). Is it fake or not, I have no idea.
April 01, 2019 02:29PM
Perhaps you are more lucky. For my goflex home, the writing speed of HDD (coming with Goflex home) about 35MB/s, external USB 3.0 HDD on my router can reach 110MB/s on writing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 04:35PM by asterix.
April 01, 2019 02:57PM
I bought the Seagate Home Theatre for $3 at a Thrift store for my mom, so she could have something to play videos if relatives dropped by with a USB stick or I had anything for her, like her Christmas songs.

But if anyone knows a trick for a Dish Remote control to let her switch it in like it were a VCR, she would be one happy mother (no pun intended) I'll tell you that. I never did find the code to integrate it.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 01, 2019 05:09PM

Seagate FREEAgent GoFLEX NET US $17.95

A very good bargain :) if you need a NAS, get this box. NAS is what it should be used for, and a damn fine job at that.

Seagate FREEAgent Theater+ US $17.95.

Not a bargain. This box is too under power in every way, and it's MIPS arch.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.