Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When is a system Retro

Posted by Gravelrash 
When is a system Retro
May 03, 2019 07:09AM
Do we consider the SheevaPlug to be a retro computing experience - Given the age of the SheevaPlug is heading to be 10 years old.

:)
Re: When is a system Retro
May 03, 2019 11:34PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do we consider the SheevaPlug to be a retro
> computing experience - Given the age of the
> SheevaPlug is heading to be 10 years old.
>
> :)

Yes, we are Retro :) already feel like rebuilding the Mustang 64, 65 car of that 60s era.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 04, 2019 02:09PM
bodhi Wrote:
> Gravelrash Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Do we consider the SheevaPlug to be a retro
> > computing experience - Given the age of the
> > SheevaPlug is heading to be 10 years old.
> >
> > :)
>
> Yes, we are Retro :) already feel like rebuilding
> the Mustang 64, 65 car of that 60s era.

Beautiful cars. Arguably Lee Iacocca's finest project at Ford. In fact the book "Iacocca: an Autobiography" is my favorite non-fiction I've read cover to cover a few times. Beyond the style of the Mustang (originally named after the airplane and not a horse) was the frame of the Falcon and other overstock, making the Mustang inexpensive to produce, and the profits come from the overpriced addons.

To be fair, the Pinto was also his baby ("2,000 pounds and $2,000" was the catch-phrase).

Sheevaplug still looks great to me though :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 02:12PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 05, 2019 06:44AM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> Do we consider the SheevaPlug to be a retro computing experience - Given the age of the SheevaPlug is heading to be 10 years old.
>
> :)
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, I believe we can consider it as a retro.
July 02, 2019 09:27PM
And Lee Iacocca has just passed away. CNN compiled some of this notoriety well.

It was in his first book I read this idea his ad agency gave him when his company was near bankrupcy. They said "you can die quietly or you can die screaming. We recommend you die screaming because there's a chance someone will hear you" .

-edited commentary because it's more likely to be taken in a way I didn't intend.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 10:48AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.