January 01, 2020 11:03PM
Happy New Year everybody :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Happy New year!
January 02, 2020 06:50AM
Same to everyone here. Hope this year will have more good deals on good devices to hack.
January 02, 2020 03:47PM
"Happy New Ears" say us audio guys lol

Got a burner Trackfone for Christmas and am happy you hit "tether with USB", plug it into my desktop and voila, internet :-).

And not that anyone wants to hear this, but I got my 2nd eye operated on today and that means no more cataracts. Undo some of last year's damage.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 03, 2020 06:13AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got a burner Trackfone for Christmas ...
>
If you don't mind me asking, what is a burner trackfone?

> ... and am happy you hit "tether with USB", plug it into my desktop and voila, internet :-).
>
That's how my Rpi0 gets its limited 100 Mbps internet connection through a USB2 port on my Seagate Dockstar.
January 03, 2020 06:43AM
Joey,

Congrats on the 2nd eye operation! It is something we all dreaded while getting older. But it is inevitable, as life is :)

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
January 04, 2020 02:16PM
habibie Wrote:

> If you don't mind me asking, what is a
> burner trackfone?
>

I'm not sure of the origin of the term "burner phone" but suspect it has to do with temporary use. Personally I can't see having my digital world on a phone-sized device anyway. Not only that, I'd be happier with a simplified Jitterbug that is popular with older people. Just a phone.

bodhi Wrote:
> Joey,
>
> Congrats on the 2nd eye operation! It is something
> we all dreaded while getting older. But it is
> inevitable, as life is :)

Thanks a million! I'm putting in eye drops right now. Glad I gave up most VGA for digital in my monit'ing needs because this monitor is so easy on the eyes, effortless. Nurses were all incredibly gorgeous and Alice the surgeon isn't half bad herself :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 04, 2020 11:32PM
Burner phone: no trace of the purchase, for one time use only.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
January 05, 2020 06:41AM
bodhi Wrote:
> Burner phone: no trace of the purchase, for one
> time use only.
>
Wouldn't that be the same as a pre-paid phone?
January 06, 2020 04:28AM
habibie Wrote:
> bodhi Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Burner phone: no trace of the purchase, for one
> > time use only.
> >
> Wouldn't that be the same as a pre-paid phone?

Sure, if you can buy it with cash.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
January 06, 2020 05:59AM
bodhi Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> > bodhi Wrote:
> >
> > > Burner phone: no trace of the purchase, for
> one
> > > time use only.
> > >
> > Wouldn't that be the same as a pre-paid phone?
>
> Sure, if you can buy it with cash.
>
Not sure what exactly you meant by buying with cash. However, I usually bought my pre-paid Android smartphone with a credit card and use it as a WiFi device sans an activation.
January 08, 2020 02:24PM
bodhi Wrote:
> Burner phone: no trace of the purchase, for one
> time use only.

The young buck at Wal Mart today used the term "burner phone" and I asked him his thoughts about what that means? He thought it originally referred to phones you'd burn after you were up to no good!

Young guy and old guy at Wal Mart. Old guy says 60GB card won't load on my phone, and tries to sell me a fairly expensive alternative ("but you can leave here with only $1 payment now!") so I waited until he went to lunch and the young guy loaded my phone up :p

Habibie, I've still got that $9.99 Best Buy phone you noticed a while back and it's my music player and a couple basic exercise videos. It's Hauwei so maybe scary but I never used it for phone and rarely networked at all, usually LAN.

-edited- just to mention, the gift burner phone I got is a Trackfone ($10 a Gig those #$%si!) but Straight Talk will take over if you switch, and really 60G data @ a hair over $60 is pretty good for cell data, although truth be told you can Tether or hot spot) the first 10G only and the rest of the data has to be from the phone.

And certainly not to terribly derail a Happy New Ears post, but now I suppose I have to use a mirroring app so I can use the desktop with its normal keys and monitor to tell the phone what to download etc.
Any suggestions much welcomed. I'm starting to think TeamViewer might do the trick...

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 04:06PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
January 09, 2020 07:05AM
Hello Joey and thenk you for all the clarifications. I hope you will enjoy your new burnt phone.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.