Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

64 gb sd cards work in all devices?

Posted by Yudi 
64 gb sd cards work in all devices?
January 16, 2020 09:01PM
im coming to realize that mosr devices nowadays including phones, mp3s ... are not reading 64 gb sd cards, is there anyway to get it to read it or does anyone know of a good quality mp3 or phone that can read it and cost under 50$?
Re: 64 gb sd cards work in all devices?
January 17, 2020 06:39AM
Yudi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im coming to realize that mosr devices nowadays including phones, mp3s ... are not reading 64 gb sd cards, is there anyway to get it to read it
>
Will create 2x 32GB partitions work?

> does anyone know of a good quality mp3 or phone that can read it and cost under 50$?
>
Not sure what exactly you meant here by a good quality MP3 or phone under US $50. But, will these pre-paid Androd smartphone under US $30 from Bestbuy do?
January 17, 2020 09:32AM
they say those smartphones require you to put in a sim card to do anything, and also a smart phone for $30 is a little cheap for good quality
January 18, 2020 07:08AM
Yudi Wrote:
> they say those smartphones require you to put in a sim card to do anything, and also a smart phone for $30 is a little cheap for good quality
>
TBH, I don't think that is completely true.

AFAICT, a SIM card is ONLY required if one wants to use the services, i.e. cellphone services, cell data connection, etc., that come with the smartphone. Since an Android smartphone is basically a hand-held computer with an Android OS (a nice GUI with a limited access on top of a running Linux OS, AFAICT), it can do more than as a smartphone. It includes a lot of hardware features, i.e. audio/video (camera), USB, WiFi, (some even comes with GPS, Proximity Sensors, Bluetooth), etc., and other software, i.e. basic calculator, web browser, Google tools (including the Google Play Store), etc. As long as you can configure it to use a free WiFi connection, you can use the included Google Store application to install any free Android applications from Google Store to use. For instance, you can install WhatsApp, Skype, SIP Phone, etc. When shopping for such inexpensive (does not necessarily means cheap) Android smartphones, I make sure it is at least a 4-core 64-bit system with at least 2 / 16 GB RAM / eMMC storage (respectively) and with some built-in GPS and Proximity Sensors (most LG brand do have these). Froma Google search, one can do a lot of things with the Proximity Sensors. And, if the Android smartphone does come with a Bluetooth capability (which most Android smartphones do), one can get an inexpensive Bluetooth Earphone s530 Plus like that to use with it.

I bought some pre-paid Android smartphone from BestBuy under US $8 + sales tax and used them as WiFi Extensions to my Digital PBX System through a home WiFi connection sans the SIM card. On them, I also installed WhatsApp and Google Voice (GV) application to communicate with others across the globe for free. As long as the pre-paid Android smarphone has a free WiFi connection, the free GV services allow anyone to basically have a free and legit US phone to place/receive free phone calls from any phones in the US sans the 911 services. Since it is a legit US phone number, it also can receive free incoming phone calls from around the world.
January 18, 2020 05:56PM
habibie Wrote:
> Yudi Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > im coming to realize that mosr devices nowadays
> including phones, mp3s ... are not reading 64 gb
> sd cards, is there anyway to get it to read it
> >

You stand a good chance you can format your SD card's clusters higher than the usual 4k. I'm mostly on Windows and might try formatting it 16k clusters. Now if you have a lot of tiny files like text files, some space may be wasted because a 1k text file may take up 16k storage. But if it's music or images or movies not much difference.

Definitely try it. Worst that ought to happen is device asks you to format it. And I've seen it work every time but I forget what I formatted it as, likely NTFS and either the free or paid Partition Magic.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 18, 2020 06:02PM
Thanx, ill try it
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.