Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommend most usable movie format etc for digital picture frame?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Recommend most usable movie format etc for digital picture frame?
May 09, 2021 05:44PM
It was $10 new in the box from a thrift store years ago, but any manual is long gone. That link says it plays: AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Motion JPEG, but I can tell you I tried rendering to MP2 and MP4 and so far it didn't recognize the files. In this case I removed the soundtrack because it's me indoors shooting movies of wildlife. I don't know if that's the reason it doesn't play and wonder if yo all have especially successful template specs?

So yesterday i tried rendering homemade .mov(s) of wildlife here, some deer, turkeys, drunks OH ba doom shhhh :-D

It's something I don't need 60 frames per second, but with an 800 x 600-something screen I wondered if this falls under 720p or less and 24, 25, 30 fps, NTFS, PAL.... getting hairy here.

Thanks for the help! I know someone who will really like little videos on that.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2021 05:49PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Recommend most usable movie format etc for digital picture frame?
March 29, 2023 04:31PM
try with 800 x 600 - you will have zero joy with 720 unless the box can magically autoscale - id be doing mine around 480 or similar and seeing how thet goes... most of teh time the picture frame stuff works with 640x480 or 320x240

============================
Breaking stuff since 1994 :-)
============================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2023 04:36PM by Gravelrash.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.