Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dpf-ax 0.42: lcd4linux patch removed

Posted by superelchi 
dpf-ax 0.42: lcd4linux patch removed
May 23, 2013 08:11AM
New version dpf-ax 0.42 now in svn.

The lcd4linux patch was removed because the current lcd4linux svn revision (1200) has this patch already applied.

PLEASE NOTE: Sourceforge changed the svn path!
New path/command for checkout:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/dpf-ax/code/trunk

From Changelog:
  * Removed lcd4linux patch. Current Lcd4linux SVN revision has this patch already applied.
  * tools/detect.py: added flash manufacturer Nantronics (thx Stanislav Brabec).

Precompiled firmware, tools and sources available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpf-ax/files/.

superelchi
Re: dpf-ax 0.42: lcd4linux patch removed
August 07, 2014 01:30PM
Hi !

It's been quite a long time since I had last played with those nice little displays.
The new firmware for the DPF rocks and embedded support from the last revision of lcd4linux is a real breeze, thanks !

While looking at the source of the lcd4linux plugin for MPD, I noticed there are functions available to control the volume or change track from lcd4linux.

Is there a way to map the buttons available on the back of the Pearl DPF AX206 to make them available to control MPD through the commands made available from the mpd_plugin for lcd4linux:

Functions listed out of plugin_mpd.c :
------------------------------------

AddFunction("mpd::cmdNextSong", 0, nextSong);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdPrevSong", 0, prevSong);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdStopSong", 0, stopSong);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdTogglePauseSong", 0, pauseSong);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdVolUp", 0, volUp);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdVolDown", 0, volDown);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdToggleRandom", 0, toggleRandom);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdToggleRepeat", 0, toggleRepeat);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdToggleSingle", 0, toggleSingle);
    AddFunction("mpd::cmdToggleConsume", 0, toggleConsume);

August 08, 2014 07:43AM
No that is not possible.
The buttons are used only internally to control the menu of the dpf.
Infos about button states are not available on the computer side.

superelchi
August 08, 2014 04:38PM
Do you think it would be possible to alter the DPF firmware to return information about the state of those buttons ?

From my understanding, the left/right arrows are not triggering anything while outside the dpf menu. It could therefore be usefull to allow their use for interacting with the host.

Greetz,
August 09, 2014 05:10AM
I are right. In "non-menu" mode alle buttons are ignored.
It is not to hard to implement the USBCMD_GETPROPERTY command in the firmware to return the state of the buttons.
Much more work has to be done in dpflib (and dpfcore4diver) to implement this. And of course in the lcd4linux driver to return "high level" keypresses. Problem here is for me, that it is not possible to "push" changes in button state from dpf to driver. So the driver has to poll the button state constantly. That would generate a lot of USB traffic (wich has to be syncronized to the normal display traffic in some way).

superelchi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 05:12AM by superelchi.
August 12, 2014 04:44PM
Thanks for you input !

I guess it would not be very handy to retrieve the state of the a button at regular intervals... with all the clocking issues it would imply to retrieve correcly all the keypresses live...

Would it not be better if the DPF would store the numer of keypresses for each buttons in registers that would then be read by the dpflib/dpfcore4driver ? The driver could reset the keypress count to 0 after reading/processing the registers, allowing a kind of asynchronious keypress transfer... This way, the registers could be polled each time the picture on the display is updated, while hopefully not overloading the USB with too much traffic ?

Greetz,
April 10, 2016 02:17PM
hey superelchi

I found this thread (and I also saw your commit into lcd4linux repo) because I have some problems to build the last trunk version of lcd4linux for openwrt. it compiles without errors but also WITHOUT dpf display driver (of course I selected dpf in make menuconfig before compiling). The same happens with SamsungSPF display driver.

As I understand nothing else than actual trunk source of lcd4linux (1203) is needed.
Or do I need more/other sources or scripts?
Any ideas what's wrong or how I can debug this?

thanks jan
April 11, 2016 03:23AM
Did you try the script "build-dpf-lcd4linux.sh" from dpf-ax:
$ ./build-dpf-lcd4linux.sh
$ cd lcd4linux/
$ ./lcd4linux -l
LCD4Linux 0.11.0-SVN-1193
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 The LCD4Linux Team <lcd4linux-devel@users.sourceforge.net>

available display drivers:
   DPF                 : Hacked dpf-ax digital photo frame

available plugins:
  cfg, math, string, test, time, apm, asterisk, button_exec, cpuinfo, dbus, diskstats, dvb, exec, event, fifo, file, hddtemp, huawei, i2c_sensors, iconv, imon, isdn, kvv, loadavg, meminfo, mpris_dbus, netdev, netinfo, pop3, ppp, proc_stat, raspi, sample, seti, statfs, uname, uptime, w1retap, wireless, xmms
$

Works for me ( Ubuntu). Don't know about openwrt...

superelchi
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.