Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iomega EZ media

Posted by toddmax 
Iomega EZ media
September 29, 2022 10:19AM
Looking for assistance, with light experience toying with RPis, debian distros, etc.
Ive done a lot of reading and some attempts trying to boot via USB with kirkwood 5.9 rootfs with no luck. From memory, I think it bricked during an upgrade attempt.
Sounds like I need to deal with UBoot and not really sure of the direction to take.
Red light is all Im getting.
Thoughts, directions, links?
Re: Iomega EZ media
September 29, 2022 10:34PM
I think this is the thread you should read. If you have serial console, it should be easy.

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,15887,page=1

This thread should be helpful as well

https://gist.github.com/braian87b/b5a4c5f20d1112473c470b096df766a3?permalink_comment_id=3319945

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 10:40PM by daviddyer.
September 30, 2022 08:26AM
Thanks david,
Yeah I've been studying those two among others.
I only have ethernet connection currently and have attempted USB boot with debian and the Lenovo foss lifeline, with no luck.
I have to assume that my confusion might be my need for a serial connection and boot corruption.
Serial my best root to success or is there a technique that I can try in the meantime?
September 30, 2022 11:44AM
toddmax,

> Serial my best root to success or is there a
> technique that I can try in the meantime?

Serial console is the easiest way to get it boot to Debian. Witthout it, we cannot see what's going on (especially if u-boot envs were corrupted).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.