Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSA310 Missing SATA

Posted by JousterLi 
NSA310 Missing SATA
April 10, 2023 01:04PM
Hello all,

I've followed the steps for setting up Debian on my old NSA310 and have (mostly) gotten it working. However, at no point does the SATA controller show up or spin the drive up. Attempting to do an "ide reset" from uBoot returns a "Reset IDE: ide_preinit failed" error. I've tried following step 4b on https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096 with each of the NSA310 dtb files and have had no luck... The serial boot logs for each attempt are attached.
Attachments:
open | download - kirkwood-NSA310a.txt (23.7 KB)
open | download - kirkwood-nsa310b-lmsensor-redusbled.txt (23.7 KB)
open | download - kirkwood-nsa310s.txt (23.9 KB)
Re: NSA310 Missing SATA
April 10, 2023 04:51PM
JousterLi,

I took a look at the u-boot-2017.07 for this board. There is nothing abnormal about the SATA configuration. And I don't recall anybody has reported this issue, either.

Is the HDD a 3.5" HDD or 2.5"? if it is 3.5", can you try a 2.5" HDD?

=======

I might release rc 2023.04 version for this board and the Pogo V4 board (requested by another forum member) first. So that will give you another way to test it.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
April 10, 2023 05:18PM
I just tried with a 2.5" drive and it read successfully. Subsequently trying with the original 3.5" drive also worked just fine. I'm not sure what happened because I definitely remembered one of my first troubleshooting steps being re-seating the drive. Embarrassed but want to confirm that nothing is wrong with the SATA controller. Both uBoot and Debian see the drive now.

Thank you for the help, and apologies for the time sink.
April 10, 2023 06:03PM
JousterLi,

> I just tried with a 2.5" drive and it read
> successfully. Subsequently trying with the
> original 3.5" drive also worked just fine. I'm not
> sure what happened because I definitely remembered
> one of my first troubleshooting steps being
> re-seating the drive. Embarrassed but want to
> confirm that nothing is wrong with the SATA
> controller. Both uBoot and Debian see the drive
> now.

Cool!

>
> Thank you for the help, and apologies for the time
> sink.

No need to! It's all in the fun of hacking Linux :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.