Dell Appliance

Posted by JDS420 
Re: Dell Appliance
July 27, 2019 02:10PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All,
>
> I plan to revisit the 2GB RAM issue on this box.
> Please remind me in a few weeks if I forget.

Cool! I've been wanting to dig mine out for a while now, but other priorities keep getting in the way. I've been pushing my beloved Dockstar too hard and I'm tired of the OOM killer kicking in, so it would be nice to have 2GB of RAM. :-)

Let me know if I can help in any way.

-JT
Re: Dell Appliance
August 17, 2019 03:57PM
The bad news is similar HighMem errors still exist in the latest kernel (5.2.8). It happens less often than in previous kernel version, though. Similar problem has been reported to mainline last year, but looks like the devs don't like to spend much time on ARMV5 (armel) anymore.

The Kirkwood kernel we have will run this M300 box with 768K RAM. So if anybody is having OOM running Dockstar or other Kirkwood plugs, perhaps you should start using this box with 768K for now.

I think I will need to build a different kernel for this box. Not giving up yet :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.