Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RN10400

Posted by AkkJaa 
Re: RN10400
October 11, 2020 10:37AM
Hi Tme,

Well then i will try to download the RPM files for fedora 30, 31 and 32 with my win 10 computer and do the same again and see.

But i really think i shall have a better ver of linux. So what is best to run.

Okay thanks again.

AkkJaa...
November 15, 2020 01:18AM
Hi,

Now i have install Debain 10.6.0 on one of my computer's, a full install with everything and updated the system. it's take me about 3 try to got it installed, but now it's done and the debain is up and going.

Then i have downloaded picocom and minicom in the download dir. but how do i install them.??
i'am not good in linux, i have only work and do programming in dos and windows computer's before. But now i'am so fedup with microsoft products that i think i go over to linux for good.

Well okay, So now i think i can start to find out what is wrong with the netgear RN10400 motherboard.

Many thank's for all help i get here.

AkkJaa...
November 15, 2020 04:32PM
AkkJaa,

> Then i have downloaded picocom and minicom in the
> download dir. but how do i install them.??

You don't need to download these. You can install them inside Debian.
apt-get update
apt-get install picocom
apt-get install minicom

If you run a different distribution on your laptop/PC, such as Ubuntu, Mint,... these apt-get commands also work.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
November 21, 2020 04:14AM
Hi Tme.

Now i have installed Debain 10.6.0 on a new computer and i have download'ed picocom and minicom but how do i install them.? and what treminal or program do i use to install the picocom and minicom.

Thanks-

AkkJaa...
tme
November 21, 2020 04:17AM
Hi AkkJaa,

What output did you get from the command bodhi suggested?
apt-get install picocom

Regards,
Trond Melen
November 21, 2020 04:21AM
Hi Bodhi,

I did not see you message. Oki yes but what terminal or program do i use for this commands.:-

apt-get update
apt-get install picocom
apt-get install minicom

Many thanks.

AkkJaa.
November 21, 2020 04:30AM
Hi Bodhi and Tme,

I just was in here now, i have not try it yet, But enyway i must know what terminal or program i use this commands in. because i'am really rusty when it comes to linux and debain.
But i'am also really fedup / bored when it come the microsoft. so it is time to change all my computers to linux i think.

Okay thanks again.

Regards

AkkJaa...
tme
November 21, 2020 04:44AM
Hi AkkJaa,

You need a terminal window, for instance "GNOME terminal".

You may try holding down both the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Alt' key and then hit the 'T' key. If no terminal window pops up, search the menus on your desktop for a possibility to choose 'terminal' of 'command line'.

Regards,
Trond Melen
November 21, 2020 04:33PM
As a reminder:

- On Windows box, use putty for serial console.
- On Mac box, use screen for serial console.
- On any Linux box, use minicom or picocom for serial console.

On Linux, if running distro such as Debian, Mint, Ubuntu, Arch , or any other with a GUI desktop, you can install minicom/picocom using GUI.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.