Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Failed uboot update on Zyxel NSA325v2

Posted by nIcEbLooM 
Failed uboot update on Zyxel NSA325v2
September 01, 2021 06:26AM
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum as of today and first wanted to say hello.
I did not come here for just that, though. As the title indicates I borked my Zyxel NSA325v2. More precisely it's uboot as I tried to update it. I got the bad block warning so it was not flashed, or partially. Anyhow, fast forward a few days and there was a power outage at my house and you guessed right if you bet your money on me not getting around to fix the uboot in time.
So I went ahead and tried to power the device on after the outage just to find it not booting and the LED for HDD2 lit solid. I tried a few combinations with kwboot over serial but it seems it hang at 99% if I even get so far.
As I am at the end of my knowledge I figured maybe someone here can help me get it revived.

Thank you already for any input on this topic.

Best,
nIcE
Re: Failed uboot update on Zyxel NSA325v2
September 01, 2021 03:35PM
nIcEbLooM,

>I tried a few
> combinations with kwboot over serial but it seems
> it hang at 99% if I even get so far.

If you can still run kwboot then there is hope.

Please post the log of how did you run kwboot (copy/pates everything on your terminal).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.