Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does uBoot boot on 0x100000?

Posted by yoonbae81 
How does uBoot boot on 0x100000?
July 21, 2013 08:41PM
I think I have a gabage data at 0x100000.

I've flashed ArchLinux uBoot image at 0x100000 for my new Pogoplug series 4. and bodhi's SD bootable uBoot image at 0x0. And I've tried to return to ArchLinux's uBoot because SD card booting is not working. I don't know what there was at 0x0 and 0x100000 orginally.

Using netconsole, I flashed ArchLinux's uBoot image to 0x100000 not 0x0 because it has to be supposed at there according to uboot installation script for ArchLinux. However SD bootable uBoot image has booted; I thought this is because this SD bootable uBoot image has located at 0x0, but how ArchLinux uBoot image can be booted at first?

I don't have any information about memory map of NAND and how it boots and works. I satisfy SD bootable uBoot image for now because it support Debian usb booting and netconsole very well, but I'm worrying about something i've flashed again at 0x100000. Actually it was there before I flashed SD bootable uBoot and SD bootable uBoot image takes only 0x80000 long.

Is there anyone who know about memory map of Pogoplug and how it works?
How can be ArchLinux's uBoot booted even though the uBoot image flashed at 0x100000? I thought the mtd0, mtd1 are some kinds of partition, is 0x100000 on another parition like mtd1?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 02:58AM by yoonbae81.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.