Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NAND errors - BAD eraseblocks - how to fix it? NSA310, Archlinux 4.4.97-1-ARCH, no chance for a new uBoot?

Posted by arti74 
Cool! glad you've now have the official Arch supports for this box :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Hi bodhi,

It seems like i bricked my NSA310 bigtime. When i light it up it only shows red light and no activity.

I tried to do the Kwboot on /dev/ttyS5 and it does the "Sending boot message. Please reboot the target..." and i also see activity on my USB-to-Serial, but when i boot my NSA310 nothing happens.

Does that mean it is dead and unable to un-brick?

Thx!
Andreas,

> It seems like i bricked my NSA310 bigtime. When i
> light it up it only shows red light and no
> activity.

Actually if there is lighted LED, then there is still hope!

> Does that mean it is dead and unable to un-brick?

Do you kwboot from an ARM box or from x86 box? Try the new ARM kwboot that I've attached in this post and see if it is better.

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,69499,72534#msg-72534

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Hi bodhi,

I use Ubuntu WSL on a Windows 10 x86/x64 machine. Thus i expect the new ARM kwboot wont work for me...

Really appreciate the fast response.
Andreas,

Here is the x86_64 kwboot I've just compiled. Give it a try!

UPDATE:

This x86 version is apparently not working, so I've removed it.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2019 03:31AM by bodhi.
Still no luck :-(

All it does is this:

root@Chili:~# cd /mnt/c/usb
root@Chili:/mnt/c/usb# ./kwboot -t -B 115200 /dev/ttyS5 -b uboot.2017.07-tld-1.nsa310.mtd0.kwb -p
Sending boot message. Please reboot the target... \

When i write the command, my USB-to-Serial starts blinking on TX and has constant light on RX. When i boot up NSA310 the RX light stops, but TX is still blinking.
Andreas,

> When i write the command, my USB-to-Serial starts
> blinking on TX and has constant light on RX. When
> i boot up NSA310 the RX light stops, but TX is
> still blinking.

Try

- Verify your USB Serial Converter connections. Are TX and RX correct? Swap TX and RX see if that was the problem.

- Alternate the order of kwboot command to see which one catches the handshake. Power up the NSA310 before starting kwboot in 1 or 2 second after that.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Hi bodhi,

Unfortunately it didn't help :(

/Andreas
Andreas,

Can you verify that your serial console work correctly connecting to another box?

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Hi bodhi,

I am unable to check if kwboot is working on another box as i have none to check on. However i had terminal connection before i bricked it with my current setup.

/Andreas
Andreas,

>. However i
> had terminal connection before i bricked it with
> my current setup.

That's what I meant (If you have used the serial module to interact with the NSA310 box before normally).

Another thing to try.

1. Execute the kwboot command
2. Power up the box
3. Control-C to terminate kwboot, recall the command and execute it again. Do this several times until the handshake occurs. And also to see if the behavior changes (e.g RX light will blink at all).

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Hi bodhi,

Still nothing. Whatever i do, TX blink but RX do not blink.

/Andreas
Andreas,

> Still nothing. Whatever i do, TX blink but RX do
> not blink.

It means there was no handshake from the box back to the serial module converter.

It behave as though the box BootROM does not acknowledge the handshake preamble. It could be either because it never received it, or it received a bad handshake so it ignored it.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.