Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corrupted Uboot, can I get some advice on fixing it?

Posted by phobiac 
A recent power outage left my pink pogoplug (Model E02) unable to boot properly. After much gnashing of teeth and some mistakes of my own, some kind folks over at the archlinuxarm forum helped me set up a serial connection to it. (the post is here if that helps somehow) The final conclusion was that Uboot got corrupted somehow, with the evidence being this output once I got the serial cable working:

U-Boot 2010.09 (Oct 23 2010 - 11:51:16)
Marvell-PinkPogo by Jeff Doozan

SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A0
DRAM:  256 MiB
NAND:  128 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   egiga0
88E1116 Initialized on egiga0
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Error: "bootcmd_usb" not defined
## Error: "bootcmd_ubi" not defined
## Error: "bootcmd_pogo" not defined
resetting ...

If I interrupt autoboot I get a "Marvel>>" prompt. Clearly I need the definitions for the three bootcmd's, and I figured I'd come straight to the source after searching around a bit. Any advice on how to set these properly and what they should be would be very much appreciated.
Re: Corrupted Uboot, can I get some advice on fixing it?
July 24, 2012 08:57PM
https://github.com/doozan/uBoot/blob/master/environment/uboot.environment.txt

Copy and paste that file line by line into uBoot and then run 'saveenv' That will should you back to the default environment.
Thank you very much, Jeff. It's fixed and back up and working. Your help (and your work on uBoot) is much appreciated.
Hi,
I have currupted my boot loader by modifying bootdelay to -1. Now i an not able to modify it back. I have also tried to burn the flah with uboot file which i ahve copied form other working board.
Please adivce.
Regards,
Ravi
Hi all , sorry for my english , i've connected my pogoplug to serial cable but the characters on the screen are unreadable (putty , minicom etc) i've attempted varius speed for the connection but not work. Can help me ?
Re: Corrupted Uboot, can I get some advice on fixing it?
April 21, 2013 03:17PM
The serial port settings:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?8,11431,11489#msg-11489

and which pogoplug do you have?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.