Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

JTAG wiring

Posted by balanga 
JTAG wiring
June 25, 2018 06:13AM
I'm hoping to resurrect a bricked GoFlex Home dock using a Bus Pirate, but have never done anything like this before. My understanding is that I need to connect a cable between the Bus Pirate and the GFH unit, but I'm don't know which wires to connect to which pins.
Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram?
Re: JTAG wiring
June 26, 2018 01:07PM
I found this here :-https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/seagate/goflexnet#recovery_bricked_uboot_of_goflexnet_buspirate_cygwin

(Seeed Studio BusPirate - GoFlex.net)  (GoFlex.net - Seeed Studio BusPirate)
(            nc         -   1  nc   )  ( 10  GND   -    serial cable GND   )
(     6  blue   (aux)   -   2  IN   )  (  9  RxD   -    serial cable TxD   )
(     8  gray   (mosi)  -   3  TDI  )  (  8  TxD   -    serial cable RxD   )
(     9  white  (cs)    -   4  TMS  )  (  7  CN    -           nc          )
(     7  purple (clk)   -   5  TCK  )  (  6  DOT   -    10  black (miso)   )
power on goflex.net, serial, buspirate

And whilst the GoFlex side of things looks quite clear, the BusPirate side does match up with the labels on the board....

I can see where pins 2 3 4 5 6 10 on the GoFlex are connected to, but what about pins 1 7 8 9 ? No pins are labelled RxD or TxD on the BP, the missing labels are +5V VPU 3V3 ADC. I take it that pins 1 7 on GoFlex are not connected.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.